Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Commisary makes me Snarky

Today, we decided we were going to the Commissary. The day went something like this...

Me... let's just take the boy with us to the grocery store

Ted..... Sounds good

We tell Zachary he has to get in the shower.

Zachary.... No! I do not want to get in the shower!

me... Want to take a shower with mommy

Zacahry... NO!


As soon as I am done, and were ready to go, Zachary gets in the shower. So we wait around for him to get done....he takes FOREVER!!! He gets done, and then Ted has to go to the bathroom. I decided to write a short novel, because this is how long we'll be waiting.
Once my novel is done were ready to go.Zachary wants to take the Tundra, so we do.

Ted... It's really raining out here

Me... well if it isn't Captain Obvious

Ted... you're in a mood

Me.... Nope, just gearing for the Commissary

The Commissary is my worst nightmare, but the food is cheap. We get to the Commissary,or what I like to call "What The Hell Where They Thinking When They Left the House" Wonderland.I swear these women really need to think before they leave the house, they're representing their husbands for crying out loud.


Just a few brief observations...

4- Women with V-neck tank tops and boobs hanging out everywhere (at least have nice boobs if you're going to do this-no I don't like boobs, but we all know there is a difference)

1- Woman with a butt load of tattoos.The tatts were not what I took issue with, her rotted out teeth were. If I had bad teeth I would spend the money on my teeth,not a tattoo. I have two tattoos which cost me a total of $500.00. With Tri-Care that goes a long way towards fixing your teeth.

2- Really dirty children. I can understand not having money for clothes, the military doesn't allows pay it's service members well, but at least you can give your child a bath.

12- People with nothing but junk food in their carts. No fruits, veggies, yogurt, water, or healthy cereal. This really irritates me because it is so prevalent in the military. The soldiers are suppose to pride themselves on health and fitness, but they eat garbage. I just don't get it!

We got done shopping.Then we went to pay for our food. The cashiers on post are MEAN!! They snap at you, aren't helpful, and act like you're interrupting their days. We get up to our "charming cashier" and she doesn't even check our I.D.'s. WTH!! We get done paying and all of our groceries are in paper bags. Remeber, it pouring outside. I ask her why our groceries are in paper bags and she says, "you have to ask for plastic bags. WTH, by the time we get to the car the bags are going to be nothing but mush. Is there a point were common freaking sense comes in to play?

This is why the Commisary make me Snarky.

No comments:

Post a Comment