Saturday, January 21, 2012

Disillusioned by the Army?

In recent years I have found myself lacking in "hurrah". I fully support my husband, and other military families, but don't like attending most functions. I am not sure if it's because of prolonged/constant deployments or because of the ever revolving door that is the military. I am not big on good byes!

We are coming up on our fourth deployment and I am okay with it because it is my husband's job. It's what we signed up for, what we do. I suppoort my husband's mission 100%. However, I do not dance around and sing patriotic songs when it comes to facing the deployments. I also thinks it's maladaptive to pretend that I am not bothered by the deployments or that I don't resent my husband missing so much of my son and daughter's lives. I don't blame anyone, it's just how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment