Sunday, February 1, 2009

Two scholarship essays, 200 pages, and 80 math problems

"The Comp" and I make to much money to qualify for financial aide (maybe someone should tell our bank account). We just paid $2,000.00 plus books for this last semester and I am only taking 8 credit hours. I decided to scorer the globe in search of free money a.k.a scholarships. I found several scholarships last weekend that looked promising. I came across two really good ones for $2,500.00 each. The only problem...... both required 3 page essays and references by the 30th (yep, less then a week). I got all of my references in the course of a day (on the night of the the 29th), but the essays were HORRIBLE to write. The first one asked me to write an essay on how to fix the economy?? Hello, I am NOT an econ major. The other one was globe clement change. Ummm, yeah that is defiantly something I know a lot about, NOT! My brother ,and "the comp", gave me several suggestion on the first paper which helped a lot. The second paper took some research. The packets were mailed off on time and all was well.

I also had to read 200 pages for one of my classes so that I could make flash cards in time for our test. I did really well with the reading until the book became redundant. Why do they do that in books? Is it to make the book longer so that they can charge more? Makes no sense to me but it's done and I can move on.

Next we have math :( I am not required to take math but my poor math skills say otherwise. "The comp" kicks butt at math so he has been a huge help. I got ALL 80 problems done between Saturday and today so I feel like a rock star!

I was stressed all week trying to get everything done AND work. I am so glad it's done and I can now focus on my test and starting my paper. It's hard getting into the swing of things all over again. If I would have gotten a worth while degree the first time I wouldn't be doing this all over again. I KNOW it will be worth it in the end though.

No comments:

Post a Comment