Monday, January 26, 2009

College is different this go around!!

I remember when I was in college in my late teens to early twenties and boy is it different in my thirties. I had to get something to eat between classes today and as I was looking out at all the faces my thoughts were that of a parent. I was not worried about what party to go to or if we'll hang out at my house or theirs, it's all about arpac #1. She'll be one of the faces in the college crowd five years from now. That just blows my mind!!!
Will she be the "social butterfly"or the "book worm"? Will she be one of the "lucky ones" who only have to work for spending money or the "unlucky ones" who have to work her way through college? My wish is for her to be happy and to have her sole focus be on her education. If she can maintain at least a 3.0 then I have no problem paying her way. I want her to go to a good school too (Berkley,MIT,Georgetown, etc) not just an average school. I do think she should work part-time so she learns the value of money and how to budget correctly(she's a money hoarder so I am not to worried).

No comments:

Post a Comment