Thursday, January 22, 2009

Only paper please!

I decided to carry only cash and leave the debate cards at home. When I go to the grocery store I have a set amount of money and that's it. I've found that I would always buy extra because I knew I had the money in my account. Now, not so much!
I went to the store on the 1st of the month and went over by $10.00,luckily "arpac #1" had money. I didn't learn anything from that experience . I went again on the 15th and "the comp" and I both had money. I had $220.00 and he had another $180.00, lucky for me because the groceries came to $280.00. I have to( unfairly mind you) blame "the comp" for the overage because is beauty distracted me from my mission. Finally, last night I went to Target and once again went over. This time, however, I had no money extra money on me. I felt like a total moron as I put stuff back. I did learn a lesson from this though. The whole thing is a learning experience.

I am learning my habits, limits, and better budgeting. I know this is going to help me grow in the long run (once I get over the growing pains). I think it will be a valuable lesson to the kids too.

No comments:

Post a Comment